Vegan Recipes can surprise you and the one which we are going to see today is a full-on taste-riot. Yeah, Not exaggerating much!
The Vegan Mac And Cheese Recipe is both healthy and yummilicious. While it satisfies your craving, you can also try it if you’re on a vegan diet to lose weight. The ingredients provide numerous other health benefits which you should definitely consider making a part of your everyday meals.
Enough said, now without much ado, let’s see how we can prepare this absolutely creamy and delicious bowl of mac and cheese.
This recipe is for one serving. Though I’m sure you would want to have it all for yourself, feel free to multiply the measurement of each ingredient to serve more people - just in case.
Vegan Cheese Mac Recipe Ingredients needed:
- One head of medium-sized cauliflower
- One tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- Two teaspoons of nutritional yeast
- One bowl of water-soaked cashew nuts
- Half teaspoon of turmeric powder
- A quarter teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- A quarter teaspoon of white pepper
- A cup of soya milk or almond milk ( approximately 250 ml )
- Two tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 50/55g pasta of your choice
Special kitchen appliance needed:
- A food processor
Let's Start With Our Vegan Mac Cheese:
- Wash the cauliflower thoroughly and chop it into small florets. Please put them in a steamer basket, set over the boiling water, cover and steam until tender to bite. It should take approximately eight minutes for the cauliflower florets to be fully tender.
- Transfer the cauliflower florets into the food processor.
- Next, add the Dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, soaked cashew nuts, turmeric powder, salt, white pepper, soy/almond milk, and light soy sauce into the food processor.
- Blend them all until smooth and creamy. Here goes your healthy ‘cheese sauce.’
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta of your choice in a pot of boiling water until al dente. Add a pinch of salt. It will help to speed up the process. Drain the cooked pasta and transfer it onto a pan.
- Add the ‘cheese sauce’ into the pan and lightly stir-fry the pasta using medium heat until the sauce covers the pasta evenly. This procedure should take about five minutes.
Your healthy vegan mac and cheese are now ready to be served! Enjoy!
Don’t forget to share your experience trying this mac and cheese recipe!
You can also share what you think of this vegan recipe or any vegan of your recipe of vegan diet tips in the comments below.
Did you know that?
Cashew nuts are a source of natural healthy fats.
They contain monounsaturated fatty acids that help promote healthy levels of good cholesterol (HDL). They can also help one to prevent heart diseases, reduce the risk of diabetes as well as boosting his or her immune system.
Another reason to love cashew nuts, isn't it?