Lemon cheesecake is my all-time favourite. Trust me! Its creamy texture and unique taste never fail to tantalise my tastebuds.
In our new addition to the Vegan Recipes, I’m about to show you how to make a vegan version lemon cheesecake without using any dairy products, eggs or nuts.
What is good about my recipe is that if you have any nuts allergies, you are still able to enjoy a slice or two without any worries. This recipe will yield eight servings, so it’s ideal for sharing!
- 8 ounces of Daiya non-dairy cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of natural yellow food colour powder ( McCormick is the one you can opt for)
- Zest of a lemon
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 container of So Delicious CocoWhip (9-ounce container)
- MiDel gluten-free graham crust
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves for garnish ( optional)
Special kitchen tools needed:
- A hand mixer
- A glass batter bowl
- A rubber spatula
- A citrus juicer
- A citrus zester
- In the batter bowl, beat the non-dairy cream cheese using the hand mixer until smooth.
- Next, add in the powdered sugar, natural yellow food colour and, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Again, mix them well until smooth.
- Continue adding in 1/2 of the container of CocoWhip and beat it together with the mixture using the hand mixer until smooth.
- Finally, fold in the remaining CocoWhip by hand using the rubber spatula until just combined.
- Transfer the cheesecake mixture into the cake mould tray containing the pre-made cookie crust. Spread it evenly on top of the crust.
- Pop the whole tray in the refrigerator for four or more hours until the cheesecake is firm in texture.
- Garnish the cheesecake with raspberries and mint leaves.
Enjoy your Vegan Lemon Cheese Cake! And if you haven't tried our Vegan Mac & Cheese Recipe you would definitely want to give it a try.